Wakefield Associates is one of the foremost commercial development firms in the Carolinas. But just like every successful business, they too started out small. We were with them from the beginning, helping them establish their business. We have been with them as they've grown, guiding them through the legal labyrinth of business and corporate law, partnership and employee matters, architectural, construction, and real estate issues, as well as other legal matters.
Our concern for your business is more about your desire to be successful than the size of your business. Drawing from the combined 35 years of experience and resources of our lawyers and paralegals, our small- and medium-sized business clients range from local restaurant entrepreneurs with annual revenues of less than $2 million, to medical partnerships who set up new practices, to commercial real estate developers with annual revenues in excess of $10 million.
Small businesses need – and deserve – the same legal expertise and guidance as larger businesses:
- Prompt, courteous, professional, thorough service
- In-depth understanding of business issues unique to the industry
- Thorough and pertinent research
Our objective is simple. We want to grow with you, helping you develop, protect, and maintain your business. While we continue to represent Fortune-500 companies and large regional businesses, it's the successful, growing entrepreneur that is our bread and butter.
Our services include
- Corporate establishment, maintenance, and divestiture
- Contract negotiation
- Construction contract negotiation
- Commercial, office and retail lease agreements
- Asset purchase and sale agreements
- Real estate development contracts
- Commercial landlord and tenants; transactions and disputes
- Commercial real estate closings
- Restaurant and retail franchise contract development and negotiation
- Service provider contract development
- Civil litigation for all of the above