bonding and surety
"I value their common-sense approach to handling … complex construction and surety issues. … they thoroughly understand the importance of securing and prosecuting the surety’s rights to contract balances and other sources of recovery."
The Main Street America Group
Surety and insurance matters have been the hallmark of Ortiz & Schick since our inception. From large commercial construction projects to estate probate issues, we have represented:
- Surety and insurance companies
- Construction bonding companies
Our long-standing relationships with county administrators have gone a long way toward obtaining desired results for our clients – in a timely manner. Having represented bonding & surety companies for more than 30 years, we are able to quickly isolate the relevant issues associated with claims against contract, commercial, and other bonds.
Clients have ranged from large, well-known companies – like National Grange and Peerless – to smaller local and regional bonding and surety companies.
Our services include
- Investigating and responding to defaults
- Negotiating with bond obligors and claimants
- Representing the surety in litigation, mediation, and arbitration
- Drafting release and settlement documents
- Representing the surety in indemnity actions
- The Hartford
- Liberty Mutual
- The Main Street America Group